The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization. We collect donations from individuals and other sponsors and in coordination with the Saline Area Schools district, we direct that money to teaching grants, district-wide grants, and specific building projects. Our grants play an important role funding educational initiatives that cannot be funded by the general budget.
Many Ways to Make a Difference
Your tax-deductible gift will be put to use directly supporting the school district. Donations of all sizes from $1 to $10,000+ are welcome and strengthen the Foundation.
WILL & TRUST
Including a charitable bequest in your will or trust for FSAS is a true expression of dedication and will be a lasting legacy.
You may have specific giving in mind such as an endowment, a gift of stock, or similar special gift. Contact us to discuss further!
DONOR BILL OF RIGHTS
The Foundation for Saline Area Schools endorses the Donor Bill of Rights developed by the American Association of Fundraising Counsel. Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that Philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment on its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.